The only thing "special" about the laptops for running the Xentry software is a
requirement for a serial port, something that hasn't been on a laptop for some
years. There are a couple of Compaq and IBM models that are ideal.  Also, the
age of these means they probably have PATA hard drives, which means their
capacity is at best 100 GB.  The Xentry virtual machine is closer to 200 GB,
meaning it's got to be on an external drive.

That's the only thing that's unique about the laptop. Kaleb can confirm, but I
believe there's a later version of Xentry that runs on wifi, negating the need
for a serial port.  You still need the multiplexer and cables, which will set
you back around $300, plus the laptop.

-D