Does it do mobile diagnostics?
if you are just sitting in your garage, you should be able to hook it to a desktop unit and getting a serial port should not be as much of an issue.

On 12/07/2017 2:00 PM, Dan--- via Mercedes wrote:
The only thing "special" about the laptops for running the Xentry software is a
requirement for a serial port, something that hasn't been on a laptop for some years.
There are a couple of Compaq and IBM models that are ideal.  Also, the age of these means
they probably have PATA hard drives, which means their capacity is at best 100 GB.  The
Xentry virtual machine is closer to 200 GB, meaning it's got to be on an external drive.

That's the only thing that's unique about the laptop. Kaleb can confirm, but I
believe there's a later version of Xentry that runs on wifi, negating the need
for a serial port.  You still need the multiplexer and cables, which will set
you back around $300, plus the laptop.

-D

On Jul 12, 2017, at 2:37 PM, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>