Andrew writes:

>‎I wasn't aware...
http://www.porsche.com/measure/models/cayenne/cayenne-diesel/

They are being targeted, as‎ were all diesel vehicle purveyors, after the VW
episode. I try to look at who benefits from such things when they occur, to
determine the impetus for a push to eliminate diesel passenger vehicles.

Ideally, a diesel electric hybrid would provide the most economical solution
for most transportation needs in this country.
I can even figure that out, and I consider myself an uneducated rube.

Why has it not been done?
Who benefits from the demise of diesel passenger vehicles?

Rick