I pulled the dark headlight from our '90 300D/2.5 Turbo and took it into
O'Reillys in Edgewood. I found it was a 9004. In looking at the filaments
in the store's lights, I did not see anything which looked like a break,
so I walked out of the store, put the bulb on the center console, and
drove home.

The next day I checked it with an ohmmeter: continuity between all pins.
I then painted the contacts with DeoxIT and tried it in the car. Sure
enough, it had been making bad contact. The contact, even after moving
the socket around and inserting and removing it several times, isn't that
great -- there are positions to which I can move the socket and the bulb
goes out -- but I left it in a position where the bulb lights and it has
worked at night since.

On another note, a couple of days the fan for the AC suddenly quit. After
I visited Shirley in the hospital, I started the car and the fan worked.
It has been been intermittent. It didn't work at all today.

I presume it's the push button assembly, which needs to have its solder
reflowed. How do I get it out?

Craig

----------------------------------
Present: '90 300D/2.5 Turbo            246 kmi
         '89 Chevrolet G20 Beauville Van (the Big Red Van,
                               affectionately dubbed the BRV)
                                       207 kmi
         '07 Peterbilt 386  Bruno      885 kmi      For sale!
                                          Has Cat Platinum Overhaul!
         '00 Kenworth W900  Helmut     943 kmi

Past:    '82 240D/3.0       Bluebell   286 kmi
         '95 E320           Sebastian  135 kmi   RIP
         '94 E420           Oskar      127 kmi   RIP
         '86 190E/2.3
         '72 220/8
         '64 190Dc          Emma
         '72 220D/8         Herman     186 kmi