Rusted out under the battery box.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
August 5, 2017 at 4:38 AM
Eldest son tells me that his driver’s footwell is still filling up with water after torrential rains. We recently replaced the driver’s door seal which was worn and a replacement included with the car when I bought it.

I wanted to run by possible sources to check to make sure I’m not missing anything:

Sunroof drain
Condensate line from AC

Can I be getting water in from the cowl or windshield? Anyplace else I need to look for possible intrusion points? Even if the sunroof seals well, can water still get in?

Thanks,

-D