I was redoing the whole system so it was all cleaned, new evap, new cond, new compressor etc. I used mineral oil because that was what was originally called for in the car. The Evercool is compatible with mineral PAG or whatever the other oil is, can't remember right now. It is also compatible with R134 or R12 so no real need to pull a vacuum. I would get the 134 out if there is any in there just because it won't be as efficient so it won't get as cool. You could leave r12 in there but then you won't know how much of the other stuff to put in. You use can for can the same amount as the r12 so probably about 3 cans. You will see foam in the sight glass with this so be aware that you can't go by the easy 'I don't see any bubbles in the sight glass so I'm full' like you can with r12.

MG

Craig via Mercedes wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:51:19 -0400 MG via Mercedes