> > fmiser wrote:
> >
> > Ah - (almost) everything _tries_ to harvest personal
> > information. *grin*
> >
> > Some of us use means to prevent it.  And there are apps that
> > don't - at least for Android.  Check out https://f-droid.org/
> > for non-google apps.

> Mitch wrote:
>
> What's the point of using apps that don't harvest your
> information, if you're using Google Andriod as your OS? Isn't
> Google the leading harvester?

And the other choice is ... Apple.  NO THANK YOU.  At least with
Android I have a file system, some choices on how I use it,  and
the OS developer isn't actively trying to prevent anyone from
trying to do something outside of their jail cell.

So I use Android and even without rooting the phone it's possible
to limit - but not eliminate - how much is collected.