I set up a bunch of cheap DLink indoor cameras outside under my eaves. They’re
hardwired using Ethernet, but they have wifi capability.  For security purposes
I wanted them hardwired.

Despite not being rated for outdoor use, they have worked for over four years
now in the oppressive Florida heat and humidity, as well as through hurricanes.
 They have IR capabilities as well, so I can see stuff moving around at night
on the property.

They are set up to send an email of the still pictures of any movement, three
frames before and three frames after.  I have a GMail account I set up for
relaying the pictures to me so they don’t clog up my personal email
address/account.

I think they cost me about $40/each.

Understand that even with the best IR illumination the resolution you’ll get at
night is pretty lousy.  It’s good enough that you an identify things, but you
would be hard pressed to get details, like facial details or something like
that.

-D