Not to my knowledge, but understand that many manufacturers make 1911s, so
they’re not exclusive to Colt.

I spent almost four hours with my shooting coach today.  The weather was
crappy, as in 75F, overcast and light drizzle on and off.  He helped fit me to
my Beretta, which needs a raise in the comb so I can get a good eye weld.  I’m
going to get a Beartooth comb raising kit for it and we’re going to experiment
with that.  I shot a British O/U of some sort that he had with him (he travels
with about 10+ shoguns with him) and it had a really good fit for me.  Problem
was that I still had the image of the Beretta in my brain and was
overcompensating for the poor eye weld with it on his gun.  I started out well,
but it was a really heavy gun (almost 9 pounds) and it started to wear me out.

There was a local gun shop at the range today doing custom ear molds at a
discount for a promotion, so I got that done.  Looking forward to getting those
so I can ditch the foam ear plugs with my shotguns (I use Howard Leight
electronic earmuffs for the pistol range.)

Between running long with my shooting coach and the crappy weather, I didn’t
make it back to the pistol range to work on the P22.  If the weather is decent
tomorrow I’ll go after work.

-D