Got to fly on 747s several times BOS-LHR and back on BA.  Usually business or
first class over then cattle class back. That was hard. BA first class was VERY
nice, starting in the lounge. Rode the upper deck a coupla times, back then the
pilots left the door open so it was possible to wander in and chat a bit. That
was fun.

The food and drink in biz and first was quite pleasant and one could start in
the lounge before the flight. Toward the end of when I was flying some of the
lounges had showers to clean up after red-eyes, that was quite indulgent.

I always found that chatting up the FAs was the best way to be especially
pampered. They usually got bored on the longer flights and a lot of the
passengers were assholes so they appreciated nice.

Got to fly a brand new 777 once, was on its 3rd flight from US to UK. That was
really nice too.

--R
Sent from iPhone