--R wrote:
> Got to fly a brand new 777 once, was on its 3rd flight from US to UK. That
> was really nice too.

We rode a close to maiden flight for the 777 at T-Day.  It was day
before T-Day years ago and riding to work the radio announced they
were giving $50 RT anywhere leaving T-Day morning, return friday
morning for first 50 callers.  It happened.  The captain was giddy
telling us over the cabin speakers all about the engines and width of
the aircraft and the interior amenities.  Our trip was ORD-DEN and
very memorable for $50.  Related(?) - a month ago my son acquired A320
type rating in Dallas.
mao