Make gussets. weld to muffler and pipe over your welds. (or griind off the welds for the gussets, and reweld with the gussets.) Probably need 4 gussets.

If there is at least 2" of pipe in front of the muffler, grind off the welds, and use the tin can hose clamp bandaid. It is cracking from vibration. the bandaid releives the stress and vibration. I have run those on 200Ds for 40 + years. You need to replace the can every 2-7 years. Or you can use 22-26 ga flat steel. One hose clamp on the back, one on the front.

Or,  you can give the POS to Dimitri.  He will fix it!
Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 24, 2017 at 6:01 PM
I need to do something about the exhaust on my 95 e300. It started breaking off close to where the pipe runs into the rear muffler. I welded it up, rather poorly probably as it was my first time. It lasted a couple of weeks then started breaking loose again. I welded it some more but it probably won’t last. I need to pull it off again and see about getting some sort or connector that will fit over or in the pipe and weld that.