My 22 cubic foot chest freezer stopped freezing yesterday.  Luckily I went out
to replenish my supply of frozen blueberries and noticed it was not keeping
things as frozen as usual.  I have about 1/2 of 1/2 a cow left from a purchase
this spring.
The freezer is about 30 years old so I guess it had a good life.
Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on a replacement?  I’ll
probably get something a little smaller this time as there is only the wife and
I at home now. I like the coffin style as it is almost impossible to leave it
open. I had a bad experience with an upright when the door was left open and we
were gone for about two weeks. We came home to a very nasty rotten meat mess
that was really awful.  I imagine it was pretty close to the smell of a rotting
corpse.
Thanks in advance,
Mike