Which reminds me, after 17 years of living in Massachusetts I finally got my
concealed carry permit. Surprisingly I got it with no restrictions on my first
try. The local chief of police is the final arbiter of the permits and
apparently Winchendon is one of the more difficult towns to get a no
restrictions LTC (license to carry) in.
To ensure things went smoothly I tried to exceed the requirements of the
permit:1. A safety course is required, we took a live fire safety course in
which I scored top of the class. Actually I tied Angie for top.

2. References are required, I submitted letters of reference.
3. I joined a local shooting range
4. I joined the NMLRA (National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
You have to put a reason, I wrote "I often take long walks in the wild and
require a firearm for protection." The walks at least are true, I've never had
any real trouble and I'm sure a gun would ensure that I didn't.

Anyway, looks like it worked. I've consistently held that I didn't want to
carry but now I'm thinking something in a small .357 might be nice. I've got a
Ruger Blackhawk .44 Mag but with a 10 inch barrel its tough to conceal...
-Curt

    On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 6:18:33 PM EST, Dan--- via Mercedes