I had a one drip a week leak in my transmission cooler line where the transmission fluid line meets the radiator connector. I take the car off the road for the winter, and with the cold Winters it was "I'll wait until Spring" to fix.

So yesterday I put two wrenches on the connection and give it a good tighten. It no longer leaks.

So what is the point you ask? Well, my 32 years have taught me that nothing is ever this simple. I'm willing to be that by tightening it I am really overcompensating for some weakness in the connection - should I be replacing this line? I know they are not expensive and my instinct is telling me change it. But it could be that the fitting was just a bit loose.

Anyone have experience with this? Is there a torque setting for the connection? I couldn't find on my MB CD.

Thanks Friends

John Peterson
Kingston, RI
1991 300D 2.5 77k