There seemed to be different quality of replacement key heads. The first ones I got from Q were junk. The later ones were good, and the ones for cars I still have are still in service. Some had a slot, and you just slid the key in. Others had a cover, so you slid the key in and then snapped the cover over the slot.

Ed Booher via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM
Gently heat the rubber key holder to make it flexible and hopefully just a
micrometer larger. Stick key in freezer to hopefully make it a micrometer
smaller. Well, ok, stick the key in the freezer the night before, but
still. Then slowly work it into the seat.