I solved that in the first SDL by sticking a 2x4 in the foot vent to hold them open. (After paying thousands to replace PBU, Monovalve, Circulation pump, vacuum solenoids, vacuum pods, etc.)

Jim Cathey via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 21, 2017 at 11:48 AM
Those multi-valve vacuum blocks (driven by the ACC) seem to be fairly
unreliable. (Our SEL has two of these in there, where one normally goes.
I mixed and matched working valves from the two to get a full operating
set.) This on top of the usual soldering problems inside the ACC units,
the inevitable failing rubber within the vacuum pods, and the occasional
broken linkage on the footwell flaps.

Lack of heat in the footwells could be any/all of these.

-- Jim