Agreed.

Sometimes a day like that can be quite rejuvenating. Christmas or not, I like
quiet days with no one around on occasion.

When I was a kid we never had Christmas at home.  We always had to go to my
uncle’s house where my Mom’s rather large (I had over 20 cousins alone, to give
you and idea of the throng) family gathered.  Christmas Eve festivities, then
to midnight mass, crash wherever there was room, then total insanity on
Christmas morning. Go home later Christmas day totally wiped out.  I hated it.

I swore when I had a family of my own I would never have Christmas anywhere
else - but home.  Both the wife and I agreed on this early on, so our
Christmas’ are spent at home and have been for over 30 years.

I wouldn’t have it any other way.

-D