Welcome to the real world! At least you were home and could stay put. Good job making the schneemann! I bet SWMBette liked that!

The worst one I got caught in was in 2010 I think. It was much worse than predicted. I was only about 100 miles from home when I gave up the first night in near whiteout conditions. From there I made it about 30 miles at mid day the naxt day, but the whiteout was so severe that I holed up rather than driving off the road and freezing to death or getting hit from behind by a semi. I had a semi go roaring by me at about 50 when I could not see it or hear it until it was beside me passing. It took me two days to travel the last 100 miles. Every other time I had managed to keep going, even if it was only 20-25 mph. But those days the wind was fierce, and it was in the neighborhood of 0, so the whiteout was very dangerous!

Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM
We got about five inches of snow I think, must be a record of some sort.
More than we've ever seen in about 20 years of living here. Made a snow
man! Snow was pretty dry and icy so that was a challenge but we got'er
done.

Temp was down into the teens last night and now we're up to about 27 with
strong sunlight, but some wind so I don't know how much melting we'll get.
High is predicted to be 38. Ice is melting off the trees and bushes.