I have no complaints about the quality or functionality of NetGear’s products,
I just don’t like the fact that stuff seems to become legacy hardware in a far
shorter time period than other vendors.

It did affect my NAS, as I bonded the two NICs using the firmware options, and
there’s no way to “unbond” them because they stopped supporting the device
shortly after adding the option.  It was supposed to be a part of the option
but they dropped support before they finished development.

So now I have a NAS with bonded NICs that I can’t separate.

-D