Most professional groomer operators run a tractor on rubber tracks. We can't
use a wheeled tractor because we have hills which are bad enough with tracks. I
have one hill where the goal is to "Climb the hill" empty drag, no plowing. Its
steep, icy and makes a turn to the left. I drag snow into it on the way back.
The second trip is much easier...
Pisten Bulley still makes a PB200, its a Cummins diesel now. They get used a
lot on ski slopes. Even ours is a comfortable machine, full cab, heat, radio
although the antenna gets ripped off easy. Both the PB and the ASV are fully
hydrostatic, no steering clutches. In fact the output of the engine on the ASV
just goes to a big hydraulic pump that runs everything which is actually the
biggest problem with it, when you work the blade or drag you give up some of
your motive power...
-Curt

    On Saturday, January 6, 2018, 2:45:52 PM EST, Curley McLain via Mercedes