Would work just the same.  Make sure you get the bright set, not the cheap
stuff.   The cheap stuff is not bright, and does need a flasher.  The better
LED will likely have a built in resistor, so no need for flasher upgrade.  Or,
they may also want a flasher if you are hoping to get reduced amperage.

I did it in the SL for a year.  No great energy saving, and the lamps were low
candle power.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers