I wired mine into the house system, but we only have a wireless base and a
fax. Not sure how many extensions it will support. Every once in a while you
get a crappy connection and redialing fixes it. They have been down once in
the last year when I wanted to make a call. I like being able to take the
little box on vacation and use a hotspot to catch up on phone calls while
overseas (use your laptop and Internet Connection Sharing). Some countries
block the ports, but you can turn down the bandwidth and VPN in to get
around that. If you plug the box in series, it gives data priority to voice
calls. If you put it inside your firewall, you may need to do that manually.

Hope this helps.

-Dave Walton
94S350, 99E300