So my dad has been prodding me for like 2 years to get a metal detector. Use
his money to buy me one. Birthdays, Christmases. Like constantly. I resisted a
long time. He’s 88 and basically just watches tv all day. I guess he watches
one of those shows or something. So I finally gave in to his suggestions and
got one.

I was just out by the garage checking it out and in about 2 minutes found a
screw and a hose clip/ holder buried in the sand. I was getting other hits on
stuff I couldn’t see but I must have been moving it around as when I would
scrape the dirt whatever it was would move too. Rust bits or something like
that maybe. I have to learn all the settings and sensitivity and such.

Looks like it might be fun. There was a Waaawwww battle right on/near my
property so there might be some artifacts around. That could be fun.

Anyone else do this?

—FT

Sent from iPhone