Be careful where you scrape.  Federal lands are a no-no, especially National
Parks. Former business buddy and long time 220D owner was a hard core Civil War
reenactment buff that lived in MD.  He would scrape areas immediately outside
of the parks and battlefields, especially creek and river beds/banks.  Amazing
stuff he found, like lead shot, buttons, belt buckles, etc.

You see lots of bluehairs on the beaches around here early in the morning
looking for lost stuff.  They have a loosely knit fraternity of sorts that will
purposefully search for stuff people lost in an effort to find and return it.
That’s pretty cool.

-D