I looked up parts on importec, the head gasket set for the 76 is the same as one for a 81 for example. I would say it would work.

On 2/11/2018 7:59 PM, Mitch Haley via Mercedes wrote:
On February 11, 2018 at 8:35 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

Why wouldn’t it?  They’re the same engine essentially, aren’t they?  At least
the non-turbo versions.
And if there are different prechamber setups like on various years of OM603,
just change head, prechambers, glow plugs and injection lines together.

Turbo injectors are different, with a higher pop pressure, but a NA engine
would probably run fine with a set of five turbo injectors.
I don't think it would hurt any if you used a turbo cam and sodium cooled
exhaust valves.
Using a 1979 or newer head with the hardened cam and followers wouldn't hurt.

---
http://www.avg.com