Had same problem with rear tires for riding mower.  OE tires were quite
flexible (and porous).  New ones were very thick and stiff.  Blocking the beads
apart and heating almost worked, but not quite.  Tried all the other DIY tricks
I knew, without success.  Finally had to go to pro tire place that had a
Cheetah (plus a big compressed air supply).  Later I had the same drill seating
a tractor tire, so I bought a Cheetah for any future needs.