YEP, he got mad at me because I was able to fix it and drive it away. This was AFTER he stole the radio out of it while I was waiting for the head to arrive. The guy was a high paid nut case.

The 65 shovey and my 66 bronco got the transmission shifter jammed all the time. Unsticking transmissions was one of the first things I learned. Even my 110s would jam when the bushing were worn.
Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 18, 2018 at 2:51 PM

Because he sold you a non-runner and you made it run by replacing the top half of the engine???

Dad got his Case stuck in the woods with a jammed transmission.
Instead of calling a tractor mechanic to make a house call, he sold it to somebody who knew what he was doing, the buyer immediately pulled off an access cover, wiggled the shift linkages, and drove it out of the woods. Dad wasn't mad at him, but I figured dad should have been mad at himself over many things with that tractor, but most especially the way he bought it and the way he sold it. (buying it, he thought that a stealership salesman saying it had 'been through the shop' meant there was no need to test it out before buying it. Two days later, he found out it needed a hydraulic pump, the loader and 3pt hitch went up fine with no load, but not with any significant load. Complaints to the dealer got him 'read the papers, they say as-is')
Mitch.