FreeCycle used to be a good place to get stuff.  I was the local group admin
and everyone was on moderation, so I got to see the offerings first.  For the
most part I didn’t jump on stuff before it posted, but I will admit to doing it
a couple of times.  One time was for an i7 processor, 12GB of RAM, a couple of
optical drives and some other computer stuff.  The offerer was a hard core
gamer and this was "old stuff” for him.

Got a really nice shop vac that hangs in a rack on the wall with all the
attachments.  Didn’t snipe that one, jut saw it come across and offered to take
it.  Everyone else must have been sleeping.

Got a bread maker, too.

After a few years it just got to be junky stuff.  I bailed after being a group
mod for 5 years.  I did my time.

-D