The demographics for our group cut across a wide swath of socioeconomics.  You
would see people asking for clothing and stuff on a regular basis, but I had to
put a stop to a lot of it, mainly because people would not make specific
requests.  If you’re not familiar with FreeCycle, one of the tenets is to ask
for specific items, not make a general request for something like “household
goods” or “anything you can spare”.  This ends up having people try and turn
the place into a charity, which is not the intent.

It was clear there were some who would try to get things just to resell them,
which is also a no-no.  Same thing with pets. Most groups ban the FreeCycling
of animals for this reason. Our group did the same, after a member was caught
trying to sell puppies they had gotten (for free) from another member.

-D