Maybe you ought to become a long haul truck driver instead of a pilot, Kaleb.
A WW2 pilot I knew, who couldn't find a flying job after the war, bought a
truck and hauled produce until he did find a flying job.
He said truck driving was a lot less boring than flying.
You could buy one of Craigs trucks and haul produce or lease to a trucking
company. After your kids have left home you could teach your wife to drive the
truck, and you and her could become a team. According to a truckers magazine,
there are a lot of husband wife teams in trucking.
Just a thought.
Gerry