Couple options here, depending on condition:

Sticking air flow sensor, check to make sure the flap moves freely and there
isn't anything in it.

Flaky fuel pump (I had to replace both of them on the wagon as they are in
series).

Leaking plunger seal on the fuel distributor letting the fuel pressure leak
down -- this can also flood the engine at idle.  Probably need to replace mine.

Bad boot between the fuel meter and the throttle body, they get old, shrink and
leak air.

Bad idle control valve hoses.

Flooded charcoal  canister or missing or broken vacuum line

Vacuum leaks, various spots.

Failed fuel accumulator letting the fuel pressure bleed down (you need to put a
pressure gauge on and see if it stays up)

Leaking fuel lines under the car

Dirty fuel filter

Ignition issues, check rotor, cap, and camshaft oil seal.  Oil in the dizzy
makes for burned contacts.

Probably more, but those are the ones I've had to deal with.