From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of OK Don via
Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11:18 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: OK Don
Subject: [MBZ] OT - desktop hard disks

My boot disk and the second disk - used for backing up photos, etc. are almost
full. This is an older (9 years old) HP consumer box.

I'm seeing 4TB disks for reasonable prices, Seagate and Western Digital.
What have the rest of you experienced in terms of drive reliability/life?

I only have two drive bays in the case - seems inadequate today . . .

I'd hate to have to rebuild the box from scratch, with the licensing hassles
from M$ and Adobe, etc., but am also thinking of one of those HP workstations
Curt was recommending a few years ago.

--
OK Don

*“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our
people need it sorely on these accounts.”* – Mark Twain

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for
themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!