I haven't had to do this kind of stuff in many years, but last I remember,
copying a disk does not get the MBR, just the files and directories. A
clone would get the MBR, but how that works with a disk of a different size
I don't know. You used to have to purchase software to do this stuff
decently, is there freeware that works now? I'm running W10 . . .
I'm guessing boot to a Linux USB drive with the utilities, then clone the
old drives to the new ones?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:31:23 -0500 Curley McLain via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Should be able to.  Or create the partition you want, then transfer the
> > files over...
>
> Copying the disk will get the Master Boot Record as well as the files ...
>

> Craig
>

> > Craig via Mercedes wrote:

> > > I have been burned by Seagate and now buy Western Digital, most
> > > recently a 1 TByte WD Gold for the new computer I'm assembling.

> > > Can you not copy your disks to a larger disk and then use a partition
> > > editor to increase the size to that of the larger disk?

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg