From: Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Mitch Haley <mi...@mitchellhaley.com>
Sent: Sat, Apr 21, 2018 10:38 am
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Genuine Mercedes Benz Tire Valve Stem Caps Issue

I bought a set of heavy duty chrome plated brass caps back in the 1980s, had
them on many cars over the years. They had rubber seals in them.
About five years ago, the seals stuck to the stems and I had a bear of a time
getting them off.

What happened to you seems really odd, unless they were plated plastic and the
metal they were plated with corroded.
Mitch.