On 04/05/2018 3:27 PM, Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes wrote:
Nanny says she cannot turn the key in the lock of the e420. Seems a little
sticky in the past, but I never have had any problem with it. Have greased
it at least once with white lithium grease in the past. Anybody have any
experience with the key not turning in the lock on a 124?

Does that mean it can be removed but just will not turn the lock?
I assume you have tried moving the steering wheel one way or the other?
Do you have any other keys for the car? Maybe try a different key?
Might spray some sort of penetrating oil down into it if key is removable.
If sticky, I don't think I would have used grease. If it dries, it will be worse.

Others will be along to advise that all is lost and the car is now worth only a pittance.

RB