> On May 19, 2018 at 8:14 AM "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes"
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Are yours gas or diesel?

2nd generation gas. 1.4L direct injection.
Lighter, more aerodynamic, more efficient engines than the old body style with
the iron block port injected engines. And I've got 50psi in the factory low
rolling resistance tires. It looks like it can get 55mpg at 55mph, my stick
Saturn gets 45mpg at 45mph. Car and Driver got 70mpg in a 2017 diesel at 55mph.
Some people have gotten 60mpg with the first generation ECO cars, but that's
probably hypermiling driving techniques. Mine are a couple hundred pounds
lighter than an ECO, but don't have manny tranny.

My current tank since I filled it in March with half premium and half regular,
the 80 mile hwy trip last week raised the indicated tank MPG from 43 to 47.
It's possible I could get 625 miles on this tank. If I had a first gen
(2014-2015) diesel, I could cram 18 gallons in it and I'd be trying for a 1000
mile tank. In this weather I should probably be running straight premium. It's
got 10:1 compression and can hit 20psi of boost. I can't believe GM recommends
87 octane, they retard the timing like crazy in warm weather on 87.