As some of you may know, I'm unable to stand or walk safely without aid. I
use a walker (rollator) around the house, back and forth to the car and for
short trips from the car. For longer trips from car, such as shopping,
touring museum, etc., I use an electric mobility scooter kept in trunk of
the car. Scooter comes apart and reassembles quickly and easily in about 45
seconds. I can easily and safely move from driver seat along side of car by
gripping the door handles. Moving past left rear corner of car to the
trunk, though, can present a special problem. When sun is not too hot, I
can grip forward edge of trunk lid with my finger tips. On really hot,
sunny days, though, the black trunk lid and rear window can get too hot to
touch.

Using a 4-inch dia. suction cup dent puller, I may have made and installed a
grip pad to help me move around that precarious corner more safely. See
attached photo of pad installed. I cut the puller handles away leaving only
a "T" section needed for my purpose.

'Seems to work fairly well, but I haven't needed it on a really hot day yet
for a proper, real-life test.

Wilton