I have had Bosch fuel pumps refuse to run properly when hot, although in the
case of the sedan it would have to be both of them.  On the wagon they are in
series, so just one cutting out will cause stalling.

The one in my Audi Fox did this to me on a long trip out west in 1980 -- would
cut out once in a while hot.  Eventually it failed altogether, forcing me to
replace it in a parking lot.

Check for fuel pump operation hot, especially for rough running, check the
wiring, and replace the relay.  A bad pump drawing too much current will cook
the relay, so if a new relay fixes things, check the current draw on the pumps
and replace if it's high or variable.

Peter