Howdy -
Well, I've had my new (to me) 91 300D 2.5 Turbo and still am crazy about this car - told my wife I wouldn't mind finding another and letting my 78 240D go. ;-)

Anyway - I've used 3 bottles of Biocide (purchased from West Marine) -- added per the instructions - 2 bottles at 1/2 tank - then filled up with the 3rd bottle added, changed the fuel prefilter and the main filter. But sometimes - and the problem being intermittant is frustrating - when the car is first started after sitting for 10+ hours with temp in the 50s or below, it acts like it's running on 2 or 3 cylinders with white smoke from the exhaust. If the accel pedal is held to the floor it will clear up within 10 seconds or so - then it's ok - it takes off like a scalded dog.

WHen I changed the fuel filters, I allowed the fuel to drain into a glass jar to see if there was any contamination present - if there was anything there it was microscopic!

I thought maybe there was some water in the fuel or filters - but have run 2 tanks of fuel thru as well as changed the filters. I use fuel bought from a Mobil station that gets lots of truck traffic so it's always fresh.

I'm thinking I might try some LubriMoly Diesel Purge - if ya'll think it might help.

But I'm at a loss to understand why it runs like this. I bought a set of GPs but it starts *instantly* in any temperature making me thing the GPs are fine. Also, the GP dash light stays on for about 10 seconds when dead cold. Which also makes me think the GPs are ok.

Any suggestions?    TIA

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo)
A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
Weber Carb Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info