My parents bought one a couple of years ago.
One of the single hose models that isn't supposed to work as well.
It does the job, but they can see it on the electric bill.
I think it's 10k btu, but it doesn't do as much work as a 9k btu 23SEER
mini-split and uses more electricity.

As near as I can tell, the condenser re-evaporates the condensed water
(probably a lot more of it here than in NM) and blows it out the hose with the
hot air. This improves efficiency, and gets rid of the condensate. Not sure if
it does anything to condenser life.
In theory, efficiency of the one hose models is lowered by drawing ambient air
into the building to replace the air blown out the hose. In practice, it's not
noticeable over the usual infiltration.
It works much better than I expected it to, but maybe the infiltration issue
would be worse if it was drawing 110 degree air into a 70 degree house than our
usual situation of drawing 90 degree air into a 75 degree house.
But, as I mentioned earlier, the $1200 Fujitsu inverter drive mini split I put
in their bedroom beats the snot out of the $300 portable in the living room.
Mitch.