I bought a C4 star diagnostic box, like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-quality-OBD2-scanner-MB-STAR-C4-for-Mercedes-CAR-and-TRUCK-full-chip-multi-language/3166001_32849379437.html

And some small stuff, like an EL50448 TPMS learn tool.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Car-Vehice-Auto-Automotive-Tire-Pressure-Monitor-Sensor-TPMS-Activation-Tool-EL-50448-For-SPX/311789_32745785547.html

The C4 worked when I let their 'engineer' operate it remotely, but has issues
talking to my laptop the way it's supposed to. I argued with the seller a few
times until she set up another engineer remote access session, he got it
working until I powered the computer off.
There's something wrong with the setup, and I even bought it with a hard drive
for a Dell 630 laptop, and bought a Dell 630 so everything would work smoothly.

The EL50448 has been perfect, but what I paid for it last year ($11.xx) is
about twice what they're selling for now.

Mitch.