That is a great idea, I will try getting the screw out by drilling it.  I have
another concern; there appears to be a plate behind the striker plate that the
actual striker screw, screws through and it looks like it is behind the frame
metal.  Is this the case?  If so, how do I manage to take the striker off
without losing this plate that is probably behind the actual frame metal?  I
have never had a striker plate actually off a car before; just moved these
plates around a bit without actually removing them.  Just something I thought
might give me more headaches, so that is why I am asking you; it sounds like
you have had experience taking these things off completely before.  Thanks
again.
Ralph
    On ‎Sunday‎, ‎August‎ ‎12‎, ‎2018‎ ‎06‎:‎08‎:‎03‎ ‎PM‎ ‎ADT, Mitch Haley