The new wind turbines have detection systems that shut down (feather) the
nacelles when migrating birds approach.

There is a Vestas (Danish company) turbine factory near Denver that is
producing blades at a prodigious rate.
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2018/01/02/vestas-sets-wind-turbine-sales-record-plans-to.html

My solar panels never need washing, although the polished mirror and PV
arrays in the desert utility scale solar arrays do, which is a big consumer
of scarce groundwater.  I am not a big fan of utility scale solar -
distributed roof top solar is the better alternative as a means of creating
individual liberty.