R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Some years ago not long after moving here, I was out in the garage working one afternoon.  The marsh is maybe 30ft from the garage, I heard this bellowing sound coming from out there so I walked over to see what it might be.  It was low tide so I walked out in the marsh a bit, among the needlerush, to see if I could see or hear anything.  A minute or so later I hear the bellowing pretty close by and see the needlerush moving around.  Decided I should probably move.  Later on I did some lookups on the googs and discovered this was alligator mating season and that was their mating sound, the males go on the move, will go into brackish water or the marsh or even the ocean lookin fer love.  Not sure how big it was but I did not want to find out.

--FT