Next time, get a MAP/Oxy torch, heat up those arms (around the ball joint)
tell they just glow, and the ball joints pop right out like butter.  I used
that procedure on the last set of 124 ball joints, I actually used a big
harbor freight clamp to push them in and out, made the whole job SOOO much
easier.  I think the hardest part was cutting off the threaded part of the
old joint so that the clamp had a nice place to push on.  Buddy with a
machine shop made an adapter from a piece of pipe that fits the bottom of
the arm so the joint gets pushed into that cavity inside the pipe.

I bought a MAP/oxy torch at tractor supply for about $50 several years ago,
it is a great thing to have when you need it.  The little tanks for oxygen
are a little pricey, like $10 each for about 30 minutes of work, but Lowes
keeps them in stock so I don't have to worry about re-supply.
Max
Charleston SC