On 3/26/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > So is it doing more harm than good if in there and seized?  Or is
> > there some
> > sort of bypass so it's just not helping, but not hindering either?
>
> The seized motor current can cause trouble with the ACC system,

Yeah, I've heard this elsewhere too... "cause trouble" is an understatement,
more like "destroy the control unit."  An easy prophylactic fix is to put an
inline fuse in the secondary pump power circuit---3A, I think.  Should be
standard procedure with any new-to-you 124.

Of course this doesn't explain why my ACC just started acting like the pump
has failed (hunting cabin temp at idle but working fine at speed), but the
fuse is intact.  :(

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper