On 3/27/06, Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Common cause of the 124 heating system misbehaving is the coolant level
> being a little low OR the aspirator fan (located to the right side of
> the glove box) or the cabin temp sensor misbehaving. In addition, cold
> solder joints or dirty switch contacts in the pushbutton box can cause
> numerous glitches.

Unfortunately for me, I've ruled out the first three of those.  Next is to
disassemble the control unit and touch up the solder joints, but that won't
happen for a few months yet. (I expect to be underemployed this summer and
spend a lot of time Catheying.)

On the other hand, does anyone have any experience with the rebuilt control
units sold by Rusty, Performance Products, and others?  Worth the money for
the time they save over rebuilding my own, keeping in mind that I have a
brown thumb with electronics?

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper