That becomes the only solution when Mercedes Germany will no longer provide
those tumblers.  Even the dealers and Tom Hanson had no idea until I had issue
with getting access.  I was forced to spend $300 on “special order, no refund”
trying to purchase a tumbler for the SL.  The part is superseded five times in
the EPC, then goes to a black hole.  Dealer took my money and put in the order.
Two months later, there was no product and no data on why, as well as no clues
as to where in the system the order was even placed.  Repeat two more times and
finally I got so upset, I made a scene at the parts desk about the shear utter
incompetence of the parts department, manager, CC, dealership, that one of the
suits came down to see what the ruckus was all about.  I guess putting the fear
of GOD into the hearts of the orientals bringing their leased cars in for
service may have seemed bad for business.

A call was made to CC Irvine to find out Whiskey Tango Foxtrot their problem
was.  CC Irvine blew much smoke into rectal passages until the suit demanded it
get kicked up the ladder to the Fatherland.  CC Germany at first tried to blow
smoke, but the underlings were forced to call in an adult who acknowledged that
there was no way on God’s green earth I was ever going to see, nor would
anybody else, a tumbler for a car built prior to 1985.  With that, I was given
an apology, the three charges to my Credit were refunded, and I was advised to
find a good locksmith who might rebuild the thing.

In the past five years I have had the key cowboys rebuild four locks (ignition
tumbler).   One for the SL, one for a w115, another was a PnP set that needed a
key (I pulled the vin tag), and then I had a “spare” I got from fleabay that
was wonky.   I should have held on to them, as I am sure once it it common
knowledge you can not get them anymore, the things will command a king’s ransom.

clay monroe
redgh...@comcast.net