I also should ask: The turn signals, which my bro. got to work for me by (I
think) removing and cleaning, or just messing with, that little box located
near the shifter - well, they're not working anymore. Incidentally the dash
lights are also out. I changed the fuse - no help. I have unplugged that box
(what's its name?) and plugged it back in and just sort of flogged it
lightly, but no help. What would y'all do?

Could a burnt out bulb cause the signals to fail alltogether? Probably not -
just thinking aloud.

I noticed the signals not working the day after we messed around with the
various lights, trying out the fog lamps, and  the left and right
solid indicators (for lack of a better term) - etc. This made me think we'd
blown a fuse, but it doesn't look like it's the case.

Brian
83 240D